Monday, April 28, 2014

Week 16

How Far Along? 16 weeks (we're 4 months along!) 

Total Weight Gain/Loss: + 2 lbs   

Baby Related Purchases:  A lot of baby purchasing happened this week! The crib and changing table were ordered for the nursery! :-) They are exactly the same as the crib and changing table in my nursery, just up to all of today's safety codes. I love how delicate/vintage they look. They are from the DaVinci Jenny Lind collection:

Davinci Jenny Lind 3-in-1 Convertible Crib, Cherry DaVinci,http://www.amazon.com/dp/B002T1HGZK/ref=cm_sw_r_pi_dp_eWyvtb12B0ENM5FJ


DaVinci Jenny Lind Changing Table, Cherry DaVinci,http://www.amazon.com/dp/B000FT9IOA/ref=cm_sw_r_pi_dp_LVyvtb0NV36W91EK


Perhaps the most exciting thing for me personally was purchasing a pregnancy pillow! I haven't been sleeping well, partly because I haven't been able to get in a comfortable position for my changing body. So, I took the plunge and bought this incredibly comfy "Today's Mom Cozy Comfort Pregnancy Pillow" in sky blue to match our bedroom. To my delight, it only took a few days to come in so I've been enjoying it the past two nights. Like anything new, it took some getting used to, but its already helped me to sleep better! I highly recommend it!


Todays Mom Cozy Comfort Pregnancy Pillow - Sky Blue
I have to remind myself that, Lord willing, these big items will be used more than once for multiple pregnancies and children. It's so exciting to think about! :-)

The heels (mostly wedges) I wear to work are beginning to make my lower back sore. So, I bought some summery flats that are work appropriate and cute :-)

.              


Lastly, my fingers have begun to swell, so Austin and I decided to purchase a temporary wedding ring. Because of previous weight gain, my wedding ring wasn't even able to slide on and off easily anymore. The last thing I want is for either of my precious rings to have to be cut off of me in the hospital! So, last night we bought a simple silver band with "diamonds" laid into the band in a size that will allow for the swelling. It's taking some getting used to, but I'm happy with it :-)

Stretch marks? No! I've still been using the belly lotion and its working so far! I talked to my mom earlier in the week and asked her what she used to prevent stretch marks. She told me she didn't use a thing and didn't get stretch marks with either Mary or me! Wow.    

Sleep: Getting a little better. I've been trying to take naps as I can. The couch is my favorite napping spot. I think its because it provides good back support when I lay on my side. I just feel like I'm tired all the time. I'm still tossing and turning and waking up a few times during the night :-( I'm hoping having the pregnancy pillow will really help! I'm also still having crazy dreams, although they're not every night anymore. My two favorite from the week: surviving a zombie apocalypse by baking and hiding in the woods to escape a Honduran coup d'etat. What in the world???

Movement: I'm feeling "flutters", properly called "quickening" on occasion. The best way I can describe it is similar to when your heart skips a beat, but in my abdomen :-) 

What I miss: A good night's deep sleep! I've really been praying for this to happen, because I know that I need it and and the baby needs it. I'm going to try to start exercising this upcoming week (probably just walking on the treadmill) to see if that will help at all.  

Cravings: Still loving lemonade! This isn't really craving related, but food has started to really taste good to me again! Up to this point in my pregnancy, I've eaten because I had to. The enjoyment wasn't really there.

Anything making you queasy or sick: I can't watch or see pictures of anything gross! Last night we watched "Les Mis" and I really couldn't watch the majority of the "Master of the House" sequence! There are so many things that are so gross during that song!  

Gender: We find out a week from this Friday, on May 9th! We will most likely make a public announcement (on facebook) of the gender and name either May 10th or 11th. I just can't wait to see an ultrasound of our precious one again! :-) 

Labor Signs: No

Symptoms: Quickening, Round Ligament Pain (its especially noticeable when standing up after sitting down for a long time), Restlessness, some swelling

Belly Button In or Out? In

Happy or Moody most of the time: Since beginning the second trimester, I've really felt like myself again. I still have my moments, especially if I've been woken up from a nap on the couch!    

Worries: Nothing new here, just the normal worry that everything is okay and that Baby Ward is developing normally. I'm reminded continually to give everything to the Lord. He's been reminding me this week of the vastness of His love for me and for Baby Ward. Austin and I pray every day that Baby Ward will come to know and love the Lord! It's so exciting to think about! I can't wait to know the gender so we can pray for our baby by name!

Best moments this week: It's been a good week and a great weekend!

On Wednesday, I had a phone date with my best friend, Catie! We hadn't visited in several weeks so it was great to catch up! We will be visiting her and her husband in Newport News, Virginia this summer and I can't wait!

On Thursday evening, we hung out with the Mayfields! We went to Picasso's (the first time both Jess and I have really had the desire to eat pizza since being pregnant) then played rook at our house! It was a blast! I'm definitely still getting the hang of it!

Friday evening, Mary and I drove to Birmingham to attend a bridal shower for Cassidy, my dear friend and roommate from college! We arrived late Friday night, so it was good to sleep in Saturday. After taking pictures of us all dolled up, we had a lovely lunch with my dad at Tazikis and headed to the bridal shower!

Everything was so beautiful! It was so great to see Cassidy! She looked so gorgeous and I loved being there to celebrate with her. It was fun to see Cassidy's mom and sister again, see some friends from Samford, and meet some of Cassidy's friends from church (including the groom's mom!). I was so glad we went!

It was a quick trip, as Mary and I headed back to Jackson immediately after the shower. It was good to spend some quality time with Mary and jam out to old CDs together!

On Sunday, Austin and I went to Maranatha Baptist Church to hear Brian, Austin's cousin Kayla's fiancee, preach. He did so great and the gospel permeated every aspect of the message! After church we went out to lunch with Kayla and Brian. We're so excited about their upcoming wedding in August!

Here are the photos Dad took in Birmingham:









No comments:

Post a Comment