Sunday, April 20, 2014

Week 15

How Far Along? 15 weeks

Total Weight Gain/Loss: + 2 lbs   

Baby Related Purchases: I bought a really cute lacy dress to wear to wedding festivities later in the summer! I recommend the site: Pink Blush Maternity. Everything is super cute and feminine :-)

Stretch marks? I've been using the Burt's Bees Belly butter and so far, so good!  

Sleep: I'm still dreaming, but now I'm tossing and turning a lot more. This is the week that I'm supposed to stop sleeping flat on my back (it restricts blood flow to the baby) and sleep only on my side. I'm really thinking about getting a full-body pregnancy pillow! Its no fun when I don't sleep well. 

Movement: A few days ago, I felt the first baby flutter!!! :-) Wheeee! 

What I miss: Sleeping on my back! I've been able to prop my back up on pillows so I'm not flat, but it seems like when you are told you can't do something, its harder to give it up :-)

Cravings: Lemonade still tastes so good :-) The need to eat frequently has increased, so I really need to start carting snacks around.

Anything making you queasy or sick: The only time I feel sick is when I've "overdone" it, meaning if I've stood up too long or gone too long between meals. I've really gotten a lot of energy back this week, thankfully!  

Gender:  2 weeks to go!!!

Labor Signs: None

Symptoms: Fluttering :-), Stretching, some round ligament pain, restlessness

Belly Button In or Out? In

Happy or Moody most of the time: I've been pretty happy this week :-)   

Worries: As I've felt more stretching/pressure, or just felt things that are new, I always hope that everything is still normal! Statistically, risks or complications are lower at this point in the pregnancy, but pregnant woman emotions rarely think logically :-) I'm still just giving my anxious thoughts and fears to the Lord. It is truly incredible to me that He is knitting our child together in my womb. I feel so blessed!

Best moments this week: This week was pretty busy, Monday through Thursday. Austin had to fit 5 days of work into 4 so he could enjoy Good Friday off with me. We had such a relaxing day on Friday. I never even left the house :-) It was much needed!

In celebration of Holy Week, Austin and I started watching the History Channel miniseries "The Bible". We've only got 2 episodes left! Overall, we felt like it was well-done and it was so great to focus on God's plan for man's redemption leading up to Easter Sunday. We highly recommend it! It's on Netflix.

Dad came from Birmingham yesterday and we celebrated Mary's 21st birthday by seeing "Captain America: The Winter Soldier" and eating at Logan's. It was a great time!

This morning, we celebrated Resurrection Sunday with our church family. The choir presented a wonderful set of worshipful songs and Brother Greg preached on the simple question, "Do you believe?" This week is when Baby Ward can start hearing things, so I wonder if they heard the music this morning? :-)

We came home and ate an Easter lunch of ham, potato casserole, green beans, sliced tomatoes, crescent rolls and strawberry pie, followed by a long nap. Dad brought us Easter baskets and we took family pictures. It has been a lovely day! He is risen!!!








No comments:

Post a Comment