Wednesday, May 7, 2014

Week 17

How Far Along? 17 Weeks

Total Weight Gain/Loss: +2 lbs   

Baby Related Purchases:  Mom and Larry were in Jackson this weekend for Variety Show and gave us a bunch of goodies on Saturday! We got some 3 month white onesies, 2 white flannel crib sheets, a pack of cloth diapers, a cute cloth Winnie the Pooh book, and a container for the dishwasher that is designed for baby bottles. It felt like Christmas!

Stretch marks? No! The Belly Lotion is still working like a charm! 

Sleep: Still pretty rough! My allergies have been acting up now that the tree pollen is in full swing so I've been taking Benedryl at night. Its helped a little, along with the body pillow (which we took with us out of town this weekend! :-) ) 

Movement: Still feeling flutters :-) 

What I miss: I sound like a broken record, but this week I really missed coffee (with caffeine!). Because of not sleeping well, the desire for a nice cup of hot coffee in the morning and in the afternoon around 2:30 has been overwhelming at times! I can't remember if I shared this on here or not, but in January, I did a detox that was caffeine free, gluten free, dairy free, lactose free and sugar free. So, I broke my coffee addiction. Around the time I was adding things back, we found out we were pregnant! Since lots of caffeine isn't good for a growing baby, I decided to give coffee up completely. Since being pregnant, I've only had a handful of drinks made with decaf espresso. I plan on avoiding coffee throughout the pregnancy and for the first few months so it doesn't interfere with Baby Ward's sleep :-) 

Cravings: I'm a Chick-fil-A girl through and through, but this week I've been craving Zaxby's chicken fingers, french fries and Zax sauce! I had the kids meal several afternoons this week to tide me over until dinnertime!

Anything making you queasy or sick: No, thankfully!  

Gender: May 9th can't come soon enough! I'm so ready to know if I'm carrying a little boy or a little girl! :-) 

Labor Signs: No

Symptoms: Round Ligament Pain, quickening, tiredness

Belly Button In or Out? In

Happy or Moody most of the time: Happy!   

Worries: I'm still just hoping that Baby Ward is developing normally. I really can't wait for the ultrasound on May 9th. This week I've also been worried about maintaining a healthy weight during the pregnancy and losing baby weight once Baby Ward arrives. I know that my self-esteem is fragile right now (hello hormones!) so I'm trying to take this a day at a time and focus on being healthy. That's all I really want to do, anyway.

Best moments this week: This week was a busy one!

On Friday, we drove to Murfreesboro with Austin's Grandmother for Arica and Dylan's wedding. We had a fun car ride- the day couldn't have been more beautiful! We enjoyed a nice lunch at Jim N Nicks (finally satisfying my BBQ craving!) then headed to the wedding venue.

Arica and Dylan's wedding was at the Oaklands Historic House Museum, a lovely antebellum home. The weather was perfect! Austin was a groomsman (along with his brother Adam) and I was a bridesmaid (with Adam's wife, Leslie). Our precious niece and nephew were the flower girl and ring bearer. Arica had an array of girlfriends/cousins who served as her attendants. Austin's Aunt Nellie, assisted by her husband, Uncle Mike and sister Aunt Christa, made the delicious Italian dinner, and Carol was the photographer. Dylan's parents did the decorations and setup. It was a family affair!

I have to brag for a moment: in addition to being a bridesmaid, Leslie made our bridesmaid's dresses, Ailidh's flower girl dress and arranged all of the flowers (which included the centerpieces for the tables, all the bouquets and the corsages and boutonnieres). I'm drying my bouquet.

Following the rehearsal, everyone got ready and met back at the venue for pictures before the ceremony. The wedding started at 6 in the evening. The ceremony featured instrumental Disney music and Arica looked like a princess in her dress!

 

The reception was in a lovely hall, where dinner was served consisting of beef rigatoni, fettuccine alfredo, caesar salad and rolls. In lieu of a large wedding cake, there were delicious wedding cupcakes! At each table, there were cards with different questions guests could fill out. Austin drew an awesome picture of the couple :-) The wedding favors were little bags of M&Ms, which Baby Ward and I enjoyed following our dinner.

Austin and I danced to our song, which was wonderful :-)

The next morning, all of the Ward family that stayed in town met for brunch at Panera. It was so good to hang out with everyone! It was a gorgeous day, so following brunch, we went to a park in Murfreesboro with an AMAZING playground for the kids!! The kids enjoyed playing (accompanied by some of the daddies/daddies to-be) while the adults visited in the shade. Leaving everyone was sad, but we all get to reunite for Kayla and Brian's wedding in August! Not too far away!

Saturday night was Union's Variety Show, in which Mary was a participant! Because of this, Mom and Larry and Dad all came into town! We ate dinner at Logan's with Mom and Larry, which was great, before heading to the show!

Mary did a great job and we enjoyed ZTA's show a lot! I knew a lot of the participants, which made it extra fun for me!




Following the show, we were all hungry, so the entire family headed to Ihop! We had a great time! Baby Ward wanted an omlette :-)




The family headed home on Sunday morning, while Austin, Baby Ward and I enjoyed our day of rest :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment