Sunday, May 11, 2014

Week 18: It's a Girl!!!!

We are so excited to announce that we are having a GIRL!!! I still can't believe it! Her name is Claudia Grace Ward :-) We are so humbled and excited that the Lord has given us this precious gift.

We are naming her Claudia in honor of all the Claudes in our family. My Dad is the third Claude on my side and Austin's great-grandfather was Claude as well. What better way to carry on the legacy of such godly men :-) "Grace" is a middle name that we both liked separately before we even met! May it be a constant reminder to Claudia and to us of God's great grace.




It was truly amazing to see Claudia at the ultrasound. She was so tiny last time we saw her and now we could see her precious arms, legs, hands, feet and face. She was moving around a lot! When the ultrasound first started she was standing on her head :-) She's already taking after her daddy! It makes sense that I've been feeling her move so much. 

We were able to see her spinal chord, stomach, kidneys, brain and her precious heart. The tech zoomed in on her heart and we could see four perfectly formed chambers beating at 150 beats per minute. It was one of the most amazing experiences of my entire life! Lord, please draw her heart ever closer to yours! 

She was moving around a lot but turned in just the right way for us to see her gender! I was so happy we didn't have to wait any longer. When the tech announced she was a girl, I couldn't believe it!!! She is already so beautiful and strong and I can't wait to know my daughter more as time goes on! Austin and I are so in love with her already! 

The doctor gave us a great report. He was pleased with her development and said everything looks good! I'll be going back in a month for my next appointment. 

After our appointment, we went for a celebratory dinner at Logan's! It was so much fun to talk about our little girl and get even more excited about her arrival!  

Saturday afternoon, we had a small gender reveal with family and some close friends! It was so much fun!! 

The table, minus the cake. 






The guest of honor! 
















Strawberry cake with Cream Cheese Frosting

Revealing the name! 




We were so blessed to have Austin's beautiful mom (who doesn't look old enough to be a grandmother) at the party! We celebrated an early Mother's Day with dinner at Chili's followed by a shopping spree at Target! It was so great to spend time with her :-) 






Sunday was my first mother's day and Austin made it so special! I woke up to him offering to get me breakfast in bed. He gave me gorgeous roses, a lovely card and a priceless gift. He wrote this poem for me, printed it our and put it in a beautiful frame. Of course, it made me cry! :-)  I just have to share it: 

My Wife Forever

My dear, you're a mother now, and no one may take that away. 
For me, the wife of my youth is the first role that you play. 

Never I'll say another vow to any but you, my sweetheart. 
So true the words I spoke then, and still they echo in each part. 

Indeed, let's discover how our children's lives unfold each year,
But know the Wards won't pull us from the bond that holds us near. 

Cherish each and every hour, knowing time cannot be respent. 
Without the warmth of God's love, how will we show them what He meant?

Delight that Lover's power seeks to win His bride's longing stare. 
Expect I will flirt and gaze, whisper and pursue the most fair. 

My dear, you're a mother now, and no one may take that away. 
For me, my wife forever is the first role that you play




Here is the weekly update!!! What a big week we've had! :-) 


How Far Along? 18 Weeks

Total Weight Gain/Loss: + 3 lbs    

Baby Related Purchases: Claudia has gotten a lot of stuff in the past 48 hours! I'm so excited! Now that we know she's a girl, bring on the pink and everything girly!!! :-)

Saturday night, Carol bought lots of goodies at Target! It was soooo much fun shopping together and we feel so blessed by her generosity! I'm in love with all her adorable clothes!




Also, Mom and Larry bought us the crib bedding! Pink and ruffles, the perfect combination!!! This is part of the ruffles collection at Pottery Barn Kids. 


Bedding!



Austin and I ended Mother's Day by beginning our baby registry  at Target! We had a blast! 

Stretch marks?  No :-) 

Sleep: Still pretty rough, but I'm getting used to it, so I'm not feeling as exhausted. I asked the doctor about this. He smiled and told me that probably wasn't going to change. Great! 

Movement: Claudia is an active little one! I love feeling her move. :-)  

What I miss: This week, I just missed feeling well! 

Cravings: No particular cravings this week.

Anything making you queasy or sick: No.    

Gender: GIRL!!!! 

Labor Signs: No

Symptoms: Round Ligament Pain, Quickening, Fatigue

Belly Button In or Out? In

Happy or Moody most of the time: Well, this week was very rough. We came off of a busy weekend last week with Arica and Dylan's wedding and Variety Show. Monday, I wasn't feeling well at all, but I thought it was exhaustion/allergy related. I went to work on Tuesday with some congestion and decided to see Nurse Paul, just to be sure I wasn't sick. Unfortunately, I found out I had strep throat for the second time since being pregnant. Frustrated and upset, I headed home. Austin was actually sick with a stomach bug so we were both down. Not fun.

Tuesday night, I really started feeling bad. I was able to start a z-pack, but by Wednesday morning I was really sick and stayed home Thursday too, returning to work on Friday. It was a shorter day, however, since I left work at 3 to go to the ultrasound appointment! It was frustrating not getting everything done that I had planned this past week. This upcoming week I'll have to hit the ground running.

Because it was such a hard week, my attitude wasn't that great. I spent most of it frustrated and just feeling awful. Being pregnant and sick is not a fun combination.  

Worries: While I was sick, I worried a lot about how Claudia was doing. I still worry about the possible effect that the medicine may have on her and I worry about strep coming back. I really succumbed to these worries a lot this week. Moving forward, I pray that I can trust the Lord with these worries. It was very reassuring to see Claudia and to get a great report from the doctor.

Best moments this week: Hands down, getting to see Claudia and finding out that she is a girl! I could have watched her move around for hours. She is already so captivating! 

No comments:

Post a Comment