Tuesday, May 20, 2014

Week 19

How Far Along? 19 Weeks

Total Weight Gain/Loss: + 3 lbs    

Baby Related Purchases: We didn't purchase anything for Claudia this week but we got some gifts!

Adam and Leslie came to Jackson on Tuesday for lunch and brought this adorable outfit with them! Ailidh picked it out! I love it and Claudia will look so cute in it!



On Saturday, I got an unexpected package from Carlisle, Pennsylvania. It was from Pamela's mom! Inside was this beautiful hand crocheted blanket! I was so touched at her thoughtfulness that I cried!




Earlier in the week, we received the bedding for the crib, everything except the dust ruffle (I think its back ordered until August). It's so fun to have it! I can't wait to get everything set up when my mom comes in June!

Stretch marks?  No :-) 

Sleep: Getting a little better! I actually didn't have to get up in the middle of the night last night. The pregnancy pillow continues to be a gift from the Lord, especially as I've been experiencing some hip pain in recent days. My body is changing!  

Movement: Claudia has been moving a lot! Sometimes the movements are small and sometimes she does flips, which are startling! I love it, though! My favorite is when Austin feels her move. Sometimes he'll just touch my belly when I'm on the couch or laying in bed. Its so sweet to see how much he loves Claudia already :-) 

What I miss: As the days go by, I'm finding myself more and more content in being pregnant. I feel like I've settled into a sense of what's normal for this short season. Sure, I'm more tired all the time and would love a cup of regular coffee, but having this precious life inside of me is totally worth it! 

Cravings: The Zaxby's craving continues....

Anything making you queasy or sick: No, thankfully!    

Gender: Girl! 

Labor Signs: No! 

Symptoms: Fatigue, Hip Pain, Round Ligament Pain (especially when I stand up or get up from laying down once I've been there awhile), Quickening

Belly Button In or Out? In

Happy or Moody most of the time: I was pretty tired this week since it was the last week of the semester, but I was pretty happy! 

Worries: If I don't feel Claudia move for awhile, I get worried that something might be wrong. At the ultrasound, the tech (who is the self-proclaimed "water nazi") told me to be sure I'm drinking enough water. My fluids were just a bit low last time. I think a lot of that was due to being sick all of that week. Now I'm going crazy with the water! I want to be sure her amniotic fluid is exactly where it needs to be!

Best moments this week: Everyone has been so excited that we're having a little girl! People have told me how much they love her name. It is so much fun to share our joy with others!

It was great having Adam and Leslie here on Tuesday! I had to work, but the four of us were able to have lunch together at Tulum! It was good to catch up! Following lunch, they got to see our little house for the first time.

Friday after work I went to Dirt Cheap, a bargain store that has brand name items for fractions of the cost, to check out their maternity clothes! I found some Old Navy black cropped pants (which I had really been wanting/needing for work), an Old Navy sleeveless blue blouse and a blue Gap shirt for $2.80 per item! What?! I'm definitely going back soon!

Friday night, Casey and Amy borrowed our grill and brought us DELICIOUS pork chops, grilled corn and potatoes. We are so blessed by their friendship!

Saturday, Austin had to work, but I was able to just catch up on rest and enjoy being lazy! Dad came in that night and we all went to Applebee's, where we enjoyed half price appetizers. Mary left for South Africa early Sunday morning and Dad came to see her off!

We enjoyed going to church with Dad on Sunday and had a lovely lunch at Red Robin on Sunday. We concluded our weekend by hanging out with Dustin and Jess! Love them!

Can't believe we're nearly halfway there!!!!!! 

No comments:

Post a Comment