Monday, March 31, 2014

Week 12

How Far Along? 12 weeks

Total Weight Gain/Loss: + 4 lbs. 

Baby Related Purchases: We're in the process of pricing the larger items so we can know how to budget for them. So much of what we will purchase for the nursery/baby in general is going to depend on if Baby Ward is a boy or girl! 

Stretch marks? No. Although this morning I freaked out a little bit because I saw a faint long red vertical line on my stomach. Turned out it was just where I had scratched myself :-) I'm planning on getting and using some kind of "belly balm" for when my bump starts protruding a bit more in a attempt to prevent stretch marks!  

Sleep: I keep having vivid dreams! This is a totally normal thing. For more info, read this article from WebMD. So interesting! But, it means that my nights aren't very peaceful or restful. I feel like I get my best rest if I take a short nap sometime during the day or if I get up early, then fall back asleep. It's so strange! 

Movement: None

What I miss: All of my life up until this point, I've been able to push my limits. This includes at work, going the extra mile at home when I didn't feel like it, and just in doing life. This has not been possible during pregnancy. I really just run out of steam physically, emotionally and mentally. Once I hit that wall, I'm done. This is something totally new for me. Its been a good thing for me to learn what my boundaries are and practice sticking to them, but at the same time its been frustrating not doing things the way I've always been able to do them. 

Cravings: Yesterday I had such a craving for a Bloomin' Onion from Outback! I know, not healthy in the slightest! We did indulge the craving, however, and enjoyed a nice lunch at Outback with the Mayfields after church yesterday. I probably ate about a third of the Bloomin' Onion by myself!

Anything making you queasy or sick: This is really random, but lately, brushing my teeth has made me feel nauseated. I don't know if its the type of toothpaste I'm using, or the simple fact that I'm sticking a cleaning tool in my mouth, but its made me gag a few times! Not good! 

Gender: We'll see! 

Labor Signs: No

Symptoms: Vivid Dreams, Fatigue, Nausea before meals

Belly Button In or Out? In

Happy or Moody most of the time: Happy! I've only had a few moments (usually in times of hunger!) where I feel like I've been a bit of a brat. 

Worries: Baby Ward is growing (now the size of a large plum!) and so I'm starting to feel a little more stretching. I have to remind myself that it is totally normal- I think I just worry about having cramps and something happening to the baby.

I don't know if this counts as a worry or not, but I'll share it anyway. The past few days the desire to be a godly mother has resonated deeply in my heart. I want to be a vessel of God's love, grace, compassion and overall character to Baby Ward. I want Baby Ward to see me being a godly wife to their father. I realize that the Lord has entrusted me with the task of being this precious baby's mother and I want to do well in that task. Already I've been struggling with feelings of unworthiness and inadequacy.  I know that I will only be able to take everything one day at a time, and that when I fail (which I know I will), God's grace will be there to catch me.

Best moments this week: A little background is necessary for this. I have heard mothers say that they couldn't watch the news, crime shows, or any kind of violent movies while they were pregnant. I definitely understand what they were talking about now, so I've been really trying to be careful in what I watch! A few days ago I rediscovered the perfect show for this season in my life: "Dr. Quinn, Medicine Woman"! I have all of the seasons on DVD (big shocker, I know!) and I really love the lessons each episode teaches and the emphasis on family and community. It makes my heart happy :-)

Also, yesterday afternoon, Austin cleaned up the kitchen for me. Considering all of our dinner plates and nearly all of our pots and pans were piled up in the sink, it was a huge deal that he did that for me! I'll admit it, I cried! 

2 comments:

  1. I've heard that lavender essential oil is good for stretch marks! Also, brushing my teeth made me gag when I was pregnant with Isaac :) excited for y'all!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We're excited for y'all too! When is your due date?

      Thanks so much for the tip about the lavendar essential oil and for your encouragement about teeth-brushing! It was just so weird to have that happen all of a sudden! :-)

      Delete