Wednesday, March 12, 2014

Adventure is Coming...

We are absolutely delighted to share that in October we will have a new addition to our family! We are so thankful that the Lord has blessed us with the privilege of being the parents of this precious little life. We pray daily that we will reflect God's love to Baby Ward and that he/she will come to know and love Jesus!

We found out the good news on February 2nd after the super bowl! I was late, but thought it might be due to stress. When the two pink lines showed up on the test, we knew our lives were forever changed! I cried (of course) and hugged Austin (who was by my side the entire time- forget telling him he would be a daddy in a cute, Pinterest-inspired way!) The tears welled from inexplicable joy and every other kind of emotion. We were both so excited (and still are!) and let the reality of becoming parents soak in. I immediately went into planning mode, calculating the baby's due date and thinking about how and when we would tell everyone. Austin brought my priorities back to where they needed to be by praying for us and our baby. It was still so surreal as he prayed! I kept looking at the positive pregnancy test to make sure it was still real!

The next morning, I made my doctor's appointment to confirm the pregnancy. I felt like I was harboring a sweet secret that first week! So much was going on in my mind and in my heart and, as a person who enjoys sharing what's going on in my life, it was so difficult not to tell anyone. Since we live farther away from our family, we decided we would tell our parents as we were going to see them in person, which worked out very nicely! We had fun figuring out cute ways to tell them and recording the various reactions!

On February 12th, we had the pregnancy confirmed by the doctor and made the follow up appointment for this past Friday, March 7th, for the ultrasound :-) The heart rate was 176 beats per minute. Baby Ward is strong and healthy; the doctor said everything looks great! Here is Baby Ward's first picture:




As our dear friends and family, please join us in praying for Baby Ward's continued health and development! We know that the Lord already has a perfect plan for Baby Ward's life and we seek to surrender our child to Him daily!

I will be posting weekly updates, answering the same set of questions all the way up until Baby Ward arrives!

Praise the Lord for his abundant blessings!




No comments:

Post a Comment