Monday, August 25, 2014

Week 32 and 33

We're approaching the final weeks of my pregnancy! If I carry Claudia to 40 weeks, I only have 6 more weeks before she's here! The waiting game begins! This is getting so real...

I am right on track with measurements, weight gain, her heart rate and my blood pressure. Praise the Lord for His goodness! We continue to pray for Claudia's health, my health, and a smooth delivery. I've reached the stage where I'm simply uncomfortable... no matter what. Claudia is running out of room to move around so her movements make me sore and are quite startling these days. My lower back, hips and feet hurt. I'm short of breath (due to Claudia pressing against my diaphragm which then presses against my lungs). Sleeping is becoming more difficult because I toss and turn trying to find a comfortable position. I've outgrown some of my maternity clothes (definitely wasn't ready for that!). Getting in and out of the car is a joke. So is getting on and off the couch. I'm so blessed that I don't have to worry about going to work anymore. Because I don't sleep well at night, I get a couple of hours of quality sleep in the morning and sometimes even get a nap in the afternoon. I'm really just taking everything a day at a time and extending myself a lot of grace. :-)

Being the self-motivated person that I am, I've wanted to get all the home-projects on my list done at once! A lot of times I'll start something then my body will tell me I need to rest, so I do and then I binge watch a few episodes of 7th Heaven on Hulu Plus, usually with a bowl of mint-chocolate chip ice cream in hand. Ice cream is the only thing that keeps my heartburn at bay, so I feel no guilt in eating it whatsoever :-)

Despite the need for frequent breaks and sleeping in quite a bit, we have managed to get a lot done and enjoy this joyful season of preparation for the arrival of our daughter! The nursery is nearly done (I just lack decorating and putting finishing touches on everything), we've had a lovely baby shower in Birmingham, we've gotten some home improvement projects done, I have done some deep cleaning (like washing comforters, cleaning floors, etc.), and I got us completely caught up on laundry and ironing for the first time in our married lives!

The big things that will happen in the next few weeks before Miss Claudia's arrival are: two more baby showers, our Babymoon, pre-registering at the hospital, birthing classes, a breast feeding class, Jessie's baby shower, maternity photos and getting new flooring installed! Then she'll be here!!!

I am continually amazed at how wonderful my husband is. Its so fun hearing him talk about how excited he is for Claudia to come, how he gently reminds me that everything is going to be okay at the hospital and that he won't leave me alone, and that we don't need to worry about doing everything right as parents. He is such a reflection of the Lord's love in my life and I can't wait to see him in that role in Claudia's life. We just started reading "Sacred Parenting" by Gary Thomas and it is already so good! Besides generally being awesome, I cannot count how many ice-cream/dinner/Chick-fil-A milkshake runs he's made without complaining and the other day he brought me home a stack of chick flicks that he found in a discount bin at a local entertainment store! It's been fun watching through those :-) In addition to working full time and taking care of me, he's been working out the past few weeks so he can be a fit dad! And he got a cool new haircut. I love doing life with him!

This entry would not be complete without a rundown of the beautiful shower that my college friends gave for us in Birmingham on August 16th!

The shower was held at my dear friend Emily's parent's home in Leeds. Everything was decorated so wonderfully! It was ice-cream themed with Claudia's nursery colors of pink and yellow everywhere. Emily set up an ice cream sundae bar, complete with ingredients for a banana split and brownies. There were also coke and root beer floats, all in colorful ice cream dishes and glasses!

I enjoyed indulging with a brownie sundae...



These ladies are SUCH a blessing in my life. Becca and Carter came from Atlanta to be there 


Pamela flew all the way from North Carolina to be there! She is such a beautiful friend, inside and out!

Mom and me! So glad she and Larry drove over from Atlanta! 

With Dad and Anna!


With Mary, Mom and Larry!


Beautiful personalized wreath :-) 

Adorable banner made by Carter! 

Sitting in my "Claudia's Mommy" chair :-) 

Such wonderful friends!!!!

We had a great time fellowshipping with our dear friends and celebrating our little girl.









No comments:

Post a Comment