Tuesday, August 12, 2014

Week 31: Austin's Birthday and a Family Wedding

Week 31. It’s really starting to sink in how close we’re getting to the end of this 9 (ish) month journey! Soon, we’ll be holding little Claudia Grace in our arms. What an incredible and overwhelming reality!

I know that as soon as I see her precious face, I will fall in love and everything will be worth it. I had to keep reminding myself of that as I sat up all night this week with the worst heartburn I’ve ever had. I look forward to my hips not hurting and being able to find a comfortable position in which to fall asleep. I feel swollen, slow, achy and huge! Getting in and out of the car makes any intense exercise I’ve done in the past seem like a piece of cake. I feel like a crazy woman when I inexplicably burst into tears or get way too upset that Chick-fil-A couldn’t make milkshakes because they were out of domed lids! Yet, I know it will all be worth it. I’m getting so ready to meet our little girl.

We had a doctor’s appointment on Tuesday, which was quick and normal. We’re going twice a month now instead of just once. We got to hear Claudia’s heartbeat, of course! I don’t think I’ll ever get tired of hearing it J.  Her heartbeat was 143 BPM, my tummy is measuring right on point, and her movement is great! We are thankful that everything is progressing so well and pray it continues this way!

This past week was my first week as a “home executive”. It was so wonderful to catch up on rest and really detox from the stress of working full time. I had planned on being much more productive than I was, but just growing a person is work J Thus, the 15 loads of laundry will have to get done this week (you only think I’m kidding!). I did manage to cook dinner for us 5 out of 7 nights which has NEVER happened before! It’s the little things in life…

At the end of the week, we had some very special people to celebrate! On Friday, Austin turned 27! Finally J I was feeling old all by myself with him still being 26. I made him breakfast in bed before he went to work, then we met up at Asahi for birthday sushi (don’t worry, I ate cooked teriyaki chicken!). When he got home from work, I gave him his presents then we headed to Greenfield for Kayla and Brian’s rehearsal dinner.


Opening presents! 


The birthday boy! :-)



The rehearsal dinner was at the church where Austin grew up and where the wedding took place! It was so good to spend time with extended family that we don’t get to see very often. We were both in the wedding party- Austin was an usher and I was an honorary bridesmaid. We were so honored that Kayla and Brian included us in their special day!


In the church foyer getting ready to rehearse! 



The wedding the next day was so special! Kayla was beautiful and the tears in Brian’s eyes as he saw his bride made the moment perfect! The ceremony was totally centered in the Lord and it was so wonderful to be present as Kayla and Brian entered into the covenant of marriage together. We know that the Lord has amazing plans for them as a married couple and look forward to encouraging them in any way we can!

Sunday night, we had some friends over to celebrate Austin’s birthday! I made pizza and snickerdoodle cupcakes and we all enjoyed just hanging out together! Our friends are SUCH a blessing in our lives and we thank the Lord that we get to walk through life together.

Looking ahead to this weekend, we will make our final journey to Birmingham before Claudia is born for our first baby shower! My sweet friends from college are hosting it for us and we can’t wait to see everyone!


My heart is so full! Praise the Lord, for He is the giver of all good things! 

No comments:

Post a Comment