Monday, June 30, 2014

Week 25: Making Room

How Far Along? 25 weeks

Total Weight Gain/Loss:.+12 lbs
   
Baby Related Purchases: On Friday I picked up a few more yards of the fabric for Claudia's nursery from Hancock's. Now I just need to send it off to Mom so she can start making everything :-) 

Sleep: I'm still waking up at least once during the night and my heartburn has affected my sleep as well, sadly. Now that we've had hotter weather, it gets warmer in our bedroom, so that's probably affected sleep quality too.
  
Movement: Claudia is a little gymnast! I love feeling her move! During the yard sale, Mary put her phone up to my tummy (while it was playing a song from "Beauty and the Beast") and she danced! Literally. It was so fun :-)  

What I miss:  Feeling comfortable. Its harder for me to get comfortable these days- the pregnancy pillow is worth its weight in gold in this regard. I feel impossibly full after meals (so much so that I've burped more in the past month than I have in my entire life!), my hips ache and now my back has started aching. I can't sit on the floor without having something to lean up against. Its just interesting getting used to all the changes happening with my body! 
  
Cravings: Yesterday was a big day for cravings. I think my hormones decided to go on a roller-coaster ride! I NEEDED brownies- Austin went to Kroger and got the mix (Ghiradelli Double Chocolate Chip- hands down!) after I explained how cravings are a real thing and a chemical demand!

Chinese food has sounded terrible to me pretty much the entire time I've been pregnant, but I really wanted it for dinner last night. With a root beer. Specifically a root beer. Nothing else. It all worked out because dinner was delicious! I'm so thankful that Austin is willing to go get the things I crave! 

Anything making you queasy or sick: I'm particularly sensitive to smells and food textures these days. 

Gender: Girl!!!

Labor Signs: No, and it needs to stay that way!

Symptoms: Stretching, Swollen Feet, Fatigue, Hip and back pain, Heartburn :-( 

Happy or Moody most of the time: This week, I was definitely more moody and emotional. I think it was a combination of a lot of things along with the stress of preparing for the yard sale.

Worries: See my most recent post about fear

Best moments this week: It was very encouraging to read people's responses to the post I wrote about my fears. The Lord used so many friends and family to encourage me and to remind me of who He is and that He is faithful, no matter what :-)

On Saturday, we had the long anticipated yard sale to make room for Claudia! Most of the week was spent preparing for that- it was a lot of work! Nothing compared to how wonderful I felt once the clothes had been taken to Goodwill, the extra stuff had been picked up for the Jackson Service League, and we had taken showers! The only thing left to do is put away our tent. We've been waiting for it to dry since it rained all of Saturday afternoon and yesterday.

Mary was such a gem for helping us! She got up extra early to get us breakfast from Chick-fil-A! A few minutes before 7 we had our first customers. We were still bringing some stuff out!




We made signs and placed them on all the major roads surrounding our house, and placed ads on Jackson's Craigslist and YardSale.com. We were really busy most of the morning! It was fun meeting people and bargaining. We practically gave a lot of stuff away, but when I thought about the fact that they were paying us to haul off our extra stuff- it was all worth it! 

Things got interesting around 11 when a storm blew in. It started raining HARD and the wind made the tent come off the ground a few inches more than once. A few brave souls still came out, though, including a precious family from Mexico who are missionaries in West Tennessee! It was such a blessing to talk to them. I even got to speak to them in Spanish :-) 

We had some friends drop by during the rain, which lifted our spirits and helped us to persevere! 




Mary and I were glad when the rain stopped and we started drying out a bit! 



Austin, however, got even more wet when he got some collected water off the tent's roof. Love him!!!

We waited around for another hour and a half, and no one else really came. When it looked like another round of rain was on the way, we decided to call it quits. I'm really glad we did! We put all the clothes in my car to take to Goodwill and put the rest of the stuff in boxes for our friend, Katie, to come pick up for the Jackson Service League. Then we secured the tent, changed into dry clothes and treated ourselves to lunch at Five Guys! 

Our hard work paid off because we made a good chunk of change to put away in savings! I feel like we actually have room in our house for things now! I'm sure as I continue to go through things before Claudia's arrival there will more stuff to be donated, but the big purge is over. And it feels GREAT!!! 






No comments:

Post a Comment