Wednesday, October 3, 2012

Fall with the Wards

Perhaps it is because we had such a hot summer, but whatever the reason, I am so glad that Fall is here! It is so refreshing to feel a cool breeze, see the leaves changing colors and to enjoy crisp Autumn evenings.

Fall in the Ward household is in full swing! Last weekend, my dad came to visit for Union's family weekend. As always, we had a great time! One of the highlights of his visit was going to the Green Acres Pumpkin Patch! I hadn't been to a pumpkin patch since we lived in Virginia!

Here are some highlights from our time there:

We arrived! I love the barn in the back!
Our first visit to the pumpkin patch together!

Pumpkins!
Pumpkins of all shapes, sizes and colors


Group photo!

After a successful visit to the Pumpkin Patch, we went home and had a family favorite, Chicken Divan! Right after dinner, we went to Union to see the fireworks show, and caught about the second half of it in the PAC Parking Lot :-)

Beautiful!

We came home to a warm, homemade apple pie! Austin's grandmother and aunt brought us fresh green apples from Alabama, so we had the perfect reason to bake a pie! There's just something about apple pie and fall that goes hand in hand!

It was gone by the next day!

Also, I'm so excited about our fall wreath and pumpkins at our door! I love coming home to our little house.

Our front doorstep. This was the only angle that wouldn't catch my shadow!


We bought this wreath pre-made at Hobby Lobby and my mom added the checked ribbon. Love it!


Our three adorable pumpkins! We're still trying to figure out how we want to carve them :-) 

One thing we've already had to celebrate Fall is homemade pumpkin bread! I'm planning to make a second batch later this week and will include the recipe! 

I think it is appropriate to finish out this Fall post with two of my favorite fallish pictures from the past! Enjoy!

In the leaf pile with Donna Maye in our backyard in Georgia, 2008

Happy Fall, y'all!!!

Such a cute sign! At the Peanut Festival in Dothan, AL in 2008

















No comments:

Post a Comment