Thursday, June 28, 2012

Healthy Wife, Healthy Life: Setbacks

The good news is that Mary and I have only missed one day of the Couch to 5K and two days in the gym for an entire month! This is huge for us!

The bad news is that Mary broke her hand last Saturday, which is why we didn't work out on Monday or Tuesday. The brief synopsis is that she and some friends were in Nashville at the State Capitol and she fell down a hill and landed on it. Now she has an awesome blue cast on her right arm that also engulfs her pinky and ring finger on that hand. She's really had a great attitude about the entire thing! Thankfully, she gets finished with her summer class on Friday so she won't have to worry about note-taking for a while.

In addition to Mary's hand injury, yesterday I discovered I have shin splints on both legs. I guess it makes me feel more intense, but most of all its just annoying. After discussing what I should do about it with running friends, Mary and I are going to ease back our running to week 3 so my legs are not as fatigued, I'm going to ice them after the workout and take ibuprofen. I'm also planning to hang out on the eliptical for awhile instead of the treadmill. Note to self: don't ever get this out of shape again.

Press on!

No comments:

Post a Comment